If you'd like to import a large volume of collections, SmartDebit offer an import facility to do so quickly and easily! Just follow the steps below:
1. Download the attached template document (also located within the Uploads tab) entitled "Import File Format Layouts".
The tab you will be using within this document in order to import your New Payers is the "Simple Collection File Example" tab.
2. Populate the respective columns with the charges for your payers.
- Leave all of Row 1 (Title Bar) completely as it is
- The Green fields are all mandatory
- Ensure you do not enter any special characters as these will be rejected
The data within the fields should be populated as below:
Your Unique Payer Reference. This must be 6-18 characters and contain no special characters. If you have requested that SmartDebit generate your references for you, you can use this field to enter your "Customer ID".
The amount you wish to debit from your payer.
The date you wish the collection to take place formatted 'YYYYMMDD'.
3. Delete the instruction block underneath your data.
This is all of the information from the black line and below.
4. Save the file as a CSV (MS-Dos)
This will mean all other tabs and any formatting will be removed. Therefore it's a good idea to keep the file open whilst you import.
5. Import the File onto SmartDebit
Go to the "Upload" tab and select "Upload New File".
Either browse for the file or drag and drop it onto the pop up window.
- Select "Collection" as the file type.
- Click upload!
6. Fix any Errors
The system will flag up if the file contains any errors and allows you to rectify these by selecting "Fix Invalid Rows".
You also have the option to download invalid records if you wish to amend and import these at a later date.
7. Complete the file
Once all errors have been fixed you will be able to finish processing the file by selecting "Process Rows".
You will then have successfully imported your file and will be able to view your charges within the system.
- How do I create a payer file
- How early can you set up a new DD before the first payment is due?
- Payer Sign-Up Methods