To set up a Direct Debit in the SmartDebit Pulse portal, you will be required to obtain the following information as a minimum requirement:
BACS Reference (SmartDebit are able to generate these for you)
- Payer's First Name
- Payer's Last Name
- Payer's Email Address
- Payer's Bank Account Name
- 6 Digit Bank Sort Code
- 8 Digit Account number
- The Payer's authority on a signed DDI (Direct Debit Instruction) or via an alternative method. (To see methods of signing your payer up, click here)
The below information can also be obtained when signing up a new payer, however it is not essential:
- Payer's Company Name
- Customer ID (This is your own reference used to identify a payer)
- Payer's Full Address
- Can my payers sign-up to Direct Debit Online?
- What can I change on a paper Direct Debit Instruction?
- Can I use e-signatures to sign up my payers?