For those of you who process on working day based lead time - you will need to count back the number of working days (Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays and weekends) from the date you wish to collect. This will determine the last date that you are able to either add new payers or collections.
New Payers: Example
For new payers, if your lead time was 5 working days and you wanted to collect on the 12/07/2017, you would need to ensure that you added the payer onto the system by 04/07/2017. This is because you must allow 5 clear working days prior to the due date.
For collections (or charges), if your lead time was 3 working days and you wanted to collect on the 07/07/2017, you would need to ensure that you added all charges onto the system by 03/07/2017. This is because you must allow 3 clear working days prior to the due date.
- If possible, import all charges and payers as far in advance as you're able to, in order to limit the possibility of missing your cut off date.
- You receive your Collection Report on the day of submission, i.e. the date on which the funds are sent to Bacs and therefore it is too late to make any amendments.
- If you are concerned about needing to make amendments to your imported collections, you are able to request an early collection report by contacting the Customer Service team. For further information on these please click here.
- How do Calendar Day Lead Times work?
- Direct Debit Collection Reports
- Early Direct Debit Collection Reports