Bacs Direct Debit reports contain messages which are generated by your Payer's bank.
SmartDebit will send you an e-mail advising that you have a Bacs report to view. A link within this e-mail will take you through to the Reports section on SmartDebit Pulse. You are then given the option of opening this as either a CSV or XML (CSV is generally easier to read).
What different Bacs reports are there?
- AUDDIS: Automated Direct Debit Instruction Service
- ADDACS: Automated Direct Debit Amendment and Cancellation Service
- ARUDD: Automated Return of Unpaid Direct Debits
The reason codes on all of the different reports differ slightly. Please find a document detailing all of the Bacs Reports reason codes attached to this article. Alternatively, please find the content of this attachment detailed below:
An AUDDIS report is the notification of any bank returned Direct Debit Instructions (i.e. any issues with new payer's which have been set-up) and these can be received at any time. They are automatically applied onto the SmartDebit system.
AUDDIS Reason Codes and their meanings:
An ADDACS is the notification of amendments OR cancellations to a Direct Debit Instruction (DDI) and these can be received at any time. They are automatically applied onto the SmartDebit system.
ADDACS Reason Codes and their meanings:
An ARUDD is the notification of any unpaid Direct Debits and these can be received up to 3 working days after the collection date. They are automatically applied onto the SmartDebit system and you have the option to represent the debit if you wish.
ARUDD Reason Codes and their meanings
- Download a copy of the Bacs Reason Codes (Attached to the bottom of this article) and keep it handy on your desktop
- All Bacs Reports are automatically applied to the SmartDebit system however, it's always good to keep informed by logging in whenever you're notified of a new report.