If you possess your own Service User Number (also known as BANK SUN)
For many reasons, you may wish to collect several Direct Debits from the same Payer. The way to organise these multiple payments is entirely dependent on the type of audit trail you wish to leave behind.
- If you wish all the payments to be under the same account, using the same reference – you are able to add a recurring debit in the standard way. This is done by checking the frequency of the Direct Debit Instruction and the Collection date and ensuring these meet your requirements.
- For Example, you wish to take Payment A on 01/10/2016 and Payment B on 01/11/2016. On this instance you would either leave the payment as recurring if for the same amount, or import your charge file to amend the amount, if variable.
- If you wish the payments to be segregated but from the same company, you will just need to set this up with a different Bacs Reference (also known as Payer Reference). If we generate your references – this will automatically occur when you set up the Payer or you will do this manually if you generate your own references.
- For example, you wish to take payment A on 01/10/2016 and payment B on 01/11/2016. You would set up Account A with the first payment and Account B with the second payment. This would segregate the audit trail so you would easily be able to view the differing payments.
If you possess a Service User Number which is provided by SmartDebit (also known as FM Sun)
Please contact a member of the Customer Support Team for further information on how to achieve this by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 01276 851820.
- If you wish for your Payers to have segregated debits, but want there to be a link between the 2 for ease of searching, you can make use of your “Customer ID” field. As this is for your own personal referencing, you can amend this to reflect anything that may be of use to you; invoicing numbers, property names etc. This way, although they have separate accounts you will easily be able to locate the two together when utilising the search function.
- How to create a new payer
- How to add a collection