SmartDebit provide assistance in obtaining AUDDIS Live status when migrating your customers to us.
AUDDIS (Automated Direct Debit Instruction Service) transfers DDIs electronically between Service Users and PSPs (Payment Service Providers) via Bacs services. The PSPs will validate the Direct Debit Instruction, either accepting them or returning them to the Service Users via a Bacs report (AUDDIS).
During the AUDDIS Migration process, SmartDebit will submit all the existing non-AUDDIS Direct Debit Instructions to paying PSPs via the AUDDIS service. This is done by submitting them using the Volume transaction code of ‘0S’.
Before you can obtain AUDDIS Live status, SmartDebit must submit successful AUDDIS test files to Bacs. The standard required test submissions are as follows:
- Initial 30N 30C (30S – if required) – This test checks that the files are in the correct format, that the correct Bacs 18 codes are used andthe Bacs references are in the correct format.
- Volume Test ‘0S’ File – a Volume Test file is used to establish that the number of DDIs stated on the AUDDIS Application Form matches with the number of DDIs being converted to AUDDIS.
- Live Volume ‘0S’ File – this is the final test to be submitted. This file converts all DDIs to AUDDIS Live status.
Your sponsoring bank will liaise with you directly after each test submission and will advise of the success of the test and whether there are any further requirements.
Please ensure that all correspondence received from your sponsoring bank is forwarded to SmartDebit at email@example.com. This will ensure that SmartDebit can schedule the relevant test file submission in line with the AUDDIS Migration procedure. If correspondence from your sponsoring bank is not provided to SmartDebit, there may be a delay in converting all your DDIs to AUDDIs.
Please see below a basic breakdown of the AUDDIS Migration:
- SmartDebit will request a copy of 3 Bacs references that are due to be converted to AUDDIS. This is to ensure that the initial 30N 30C (30S) file is successful. You will also be provided with a Payer File Format. All your DDIs must be inputted in this format.
- SmartDebit will complete the initial 30N 30C (30S) submission test file. Your sponsoring bank will advise of the success of this file.
- Once the Payer File Format is returned, SmartDebit will check the data prior to importing into the SmartDebit Pulse portal. If any changes are required, SmartDebit will provide the file back to you, advising the actions to be taken. It is vital that the Payer File is returned to SmartDebit as soon as possible as we are unable to conduct any further testing until your Payers are imported into the portal.
- SmartDebit will import your Payers into the SmartDebit Pulse portal.
- SmartDebit will submit the Volume (0S) Test File to Bacs. Once complete, your sponsoring bank will advise of the success of the file submission via email. They will also ask you to make contact to arrange an AUDDIS Live date. Please advise SmartDebit of this date so that your final testing can be scheduled.
- The day before your AUDDIS Live date SmartDebit will submit your Volume (0S) File. This will convert all Direct Debits to AUDDIS Live status.
Please note that once your Payers are imported into the SmartDebit portal, you will be able to collect on the existing Direct Debits. However, you will not be able to add any new Direct Debit Instructions into SmartDebit Pulse until your AUDDIS Live date.
If you would like to enquire about converting to AUDDIS, or if you have any queries regarding an ongoing AUDDIS Migration, please contact our Customer Support Team on 01276 851820. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.