As of October 2019, we have released our new Unpaid Direct Debit Re-present functionality which enables you to bulk re-present applicable Unpaid Direct Debits from the last 30 days (factoring in your collection lead time).
Please see below a step-by-step guide on how to Bulk Represent unpaid Direct Debits:
- Log-in to SmartDebit Pulse and select the ‘Collections’ tab within the top bar of the portal; OR select ‘Unpaid Collections’ within the Account Details section.
- Once selected, a list of all unpaid Direct Debits from the selected calendar range will appear. If you wish to bulk re-present your unpaid Direct Debits, you must ensure you select the ‘Only show re-presentable’ button that appears directly above the previously used dropdown box.
- From here, you will see a list of all Unpaid Direct Debits that are available to re-present. In order to bulk re-present, you will need to select the tick box next to ‘Bacs ref’ in order to select all of the Unpaid Direct Debits. Alternatively, you can select these on a one-by-one basis.
Examples of Direct Debits that cannot be re-presented include those returned for the following reasons:
- Instruction Cancelled
- No Instruction
- Payer Deceased
- Unpaid Direct Debit that was collected more than 30 days prior
- Now that you have selected the Unpaid Direct Debits you wish to Re-present, you will see a ‘Re-Present’ button appear.
5. Once selected, this will take you through to a Collection File Upload screen which will advise that the re-presented Direct Debits have been uploaded.
If you have any further queries regarding our bulk re-present facility for Unpaid Direct Debits, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services Team at email@example.com Alternatively, you can call on 01276 851820.
To find out more about our new Auto Re-present facility please click here